- A 3-4 hour self-drive day trip with a difference! A foodie’s scavenger hunt exploring the beautiful Matakana Coast region!
- Following a regional map, you will discover hidden gems, try local artisan products and partake in fun activities, all whilst solving clues and riddles along the way.
- At each stop, you will stop and admire the scenery and/or collect delicious, gourmet picnic food to enjoy at your final picnic destination!
- Premium extras – hot or cold drink on arrival, extra local artisan food in your base picnic & a wine, honey & olive oil tasting.
How does the Premium Mystery Picnic Experience work:
- Choose your date and preferred time from the calendar and any additional adults and children – For 7+ People please contact us.
- Once booking has been received by us, you will receive a confirmation email with details of the day, where to meet, and what to bring. The meeting point is in Warkworth, where you will be given a hot/cold drink on arrival, your map and clues, along with a “base” picnic. Your base picnic includes sliced meats, cheese, crackers, condiments and sparkling water. Special dietary requirements available on request. The rest of the items are collected along the way. Disposable plates and cutlery are provided.
- Allow for a full-day adventure approx 3-4 hours. The first available time slot is 9am and the last time slot is 12pm. Available 7 days a week. Minimum 3 days notice required to book. Subject to availability. There are approximately 7 stops (including a wine tasting) and distance between each stop varies from a short walk up to a 15-20 minute drive.
- Bring a picnic blanket, chilly bin, sharp knife, comfortable footwear and appropriate clothing for the season. A Mystery Picnic is done rain, hail or shine, the weather just adds to the fun and adventure! Please check the weather forecast in advance. Postponement is accepted with a minimum 3 days notice with no charge. Postponement within 48-hours of notice will incur a $40 fee.
- A Mystery Picnic is ideal for all ages and of any fitness level. Dogs are welcome.
- Booking date is not guaranteed until confirmation is received.
* choosing this date and time is subject to availability. Minimum 3 days notice is requied. Confirmation of your specific date and time will be confirmed by email. If you wish to check exact availability before booking please call 0279120710 *
*public holidays are not available*.